I recently was able to get my hands on a Velocity Systems Light Weight Plate Carrier in Multicam. I was looking between a few models, but this one seemed to have the most reasonable prices (that I could find) and worked the best with the gear that I already had.
The Velocity plate carrier uses a SwiftClip system that allows for easy adding of various other equipment such as the Haley Strategic D3 Chest Rig, something that I currently use. So this allows me to have a full plate carrier setup or just a chest rig with the same load out that only requires using a couple of clips and some Velcro to change between.
Here are the specs for the carrier from Velocity’s website.
- Made with 500 Denier Nylon Cordura® outer material
- Made with 400 Denier Nylon Packcloth inner material
- Integrated admin pouch on front plate pocket
- Cumber-bunds made of light weight mesh for air flow
- Utilizes Velocity Systems new patent pending SwiftClip™ attachment system to don/doff chest rigs and additional equipment.
- Colors: MC = MultiCam, CB = Coyote Brown, BK = Black, call for others
- Sizes: Small/Medium, Large/XLarge
Overall, the fit and finish on the carrier is awesome. Everything is double stitched and appears to be very well made. Also, the Velcro seems to be very high quality and should last a long time.
For a detailed review, check out the YouTube video below!